Preparing for Confluence 7.1
This documentation is intended for Confluence developers who want to ensure that their existing plugins and apps are compatible with Confluence 7.1.
Now that Confluence 7.0 is out in the wild, we're back to our usual timeline of four or five EAP releases, a beta, and a release candidate. We'll post on the Atlassian Developers blog when the beta is available to download.
Watch this page to find out when a new milestone is available and what’s changed. We will publish formal release notes once we release a beta.
|29 October 2019||7.1.0-rc3||Download|
Issues with this milestone?
Hit the Feedback button on the Confluence EAP header or raise an issue to tell us about it.
On this page:
In this section we'll provide an overview of the changes we intend to make in Confluence 7.0, so you can start thinking how it might impact your app. We'll indicate when a change has been implemented, and in which milestone.
We have added Java 11 runtime support in Confluence 7.1. We'll continue bundling AdoptOpenJDK 8 JRE for use with the Windows and Linux installers.
Some of the Java arguments used in our
setenv.bat files are no longer recognised in Java 11.
In Java 11, the following arguments:
-XX:-PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:-PrintTenuringDistribution -Xloggc:$LOGBASEABS/logs/gc-`date +%F_%H-%M-%S`.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=2M -Djava.locale.providers=COMPAT,SPI
are replaced by:
We've also added the following new arguments:
-XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions -Djdk.tls.server.protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2 -Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2
-XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions means that unrecognised Java 8 arguments will be ignored. Customers won't need to remove these manually.
See Enable Logging with the JVM Unified Logging Framework in the Java 11 documentation for more detailed information.
We're making a handful of small improvements, mostly to macros, to improve the experience in busy sites.
- Spaces list macro will not list archive spaces by default. A new parameter will allow you to include archive spaces.
- Content by label macro has a new parameter to allow you to exclude the current page.
- Change history macro has a new parameter to allow you to limit the number of versions to display.
- New option in the copy page dialog allows you to exclude attachments when copying a single page. This was already available when you copied a page and its child pages.
License details REST endpoint
You can now use
/rest/license/1.0/license/details to get details about the current Confluence license, including type, expiry dates, etc.
In this section we'll provide details of changes we have implemented, organised by the milestone they are first available in. This will help you decide which milestone to use when testing.
Release Candidate – 29 October 2019
Java 11 support update
We’ve decided to gather more customer feedback on Java 11 before bundling it with Confluence. In the 7.1 release, Java 11 will be officially supported, but the installers will still have AdoptOpenJDK 8 JRE bundled with them.
Customers can choose to continue using Java 8 for now, or manually switch to Java 11.
Beta – 17 October 2019
For the full run-down on features in this release, head to Confluence 7.1 beta release notes.
EAP 3 – 8 October 2019
No significant changes in this milestone.
EAP 2 – 30 September 2019
In this milestone:
- Added support for Java 11
- Bundled AdoptOpenJDK 11 JRE for use with the installer
EAP 1 – 23 September 2019
In this milestone:
- We've added a new REST endpoint
/rest/license/1.0/license/detailswhich returns details about the current Confluence license, including type, expiry dates, etc.
- We've removed the Templates Framework plugin. It was used to deploy template bundles to Confluence via a plugin. The framework was deprecated way back in Confluence 4.3 and hasn't been functional for some time. Its main function was to allow template bundles to be installed via a plugin.
- New parameters for the Spaces list macro, Change history macro and Content by label macro.
- New option to exclude attachments when copying a single page.
Secure your macros
We have a new guide with some tips for making sure any macros provided by your app are secure. See How to secure your macro in our developer docs.