Confluence 4.2-Beta2 Release Notes
16 March 2012
Confluence 4.0 Beta 2 is a snapshot of our work in progress, primarily focused on allowing Confluence users to see the new features in advance. This also provides Atlassian with useful feedback. Beta releases also give plugin developers an opportunity to test and fix their plugins in advance of an official release.
This release contains minor fixes only. Please see the fixes and improvements reported in the Confluence 4.2-Beta1 Release Notes.
Please note the following
- Development releases are not safe. Development releases are snapshots of the ongoing Confluence development process. For that reason:
- While we try to keep these releases stable, they have not undergone the same degree of testing as a full release.
- Features in development releases may be incomplete, or may change or be removed before the next full release.
- No upgrade path. Because development releases represent work in progress, we cannot provide a supported upgrade path between development releases, or from any development release to the eventual final release. Thus, it is possible that you will not be able to migrate any data you store in a Confluence development release to a future Confluence release.
- Atlassian does not provide support for development releases.
Upgrading from a previous version of Confluence
Follow the usual upgrade instructions to upgrade your test instance to this release. We strongly recommend that you back up your Confluence Home directory and your database before upgrading.
A big thank you to everyone who helps us ensure that Confluence keeps getting better and better!
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!