Release Notes 3.4-beta1 ("Beta 1")
For testing use only
Do not use this release to upgrade your production systems.
This release is a public development release ('milestone') leading up to the next Confluence major release. Development releases are a snapshot of our work in progress, allowing our customers and especially plugin developers to see what we're up to.
Who should upgrade?
Development releases are not production ready. Development releases are snapshots of the ongoing Confluence development process. While we try to keep these releases stable, they have not undergone the same degree of testing as a full release, and could contain features that are incomplete or may change or be removed before the next full release.
No upgrade path. Because development releases represent work in progress, we cannot provide a supported upgrade path between development releases, or from any development release to a final release. You may not be able to migrate any data you store in a Confluence development release to a future Confluence release.
Atlassian does not provide support for development releases.
In supplying milestone releases, our aim is to provide plugin developers with an opportunity to see the latest changes in the code.
Each milestone release has passed all our automatic tests and has been used for one week on our official internal Confluence server. Most of the issues solved have been reviewed too, and all of our milestone releases even have been performance tested for a while.
However, since our milestones releases are timeboxed (that is, they are released every two weeks, no matter how far we have come implementing features and bugfixes) there is always a chance that we have new known bugs that are scheduled to be fixed in the next milestone, or completely new bugs unknown even to us.
Additionally, we have not completed our performance testing and compatibility testing for all supported databases and user management systems. So, for example, a milestone release may behave well on a small installation but show severe problems when subjected to many users.
Follow the normal upgrade instructions to upgrade your test instance to this release. We strongly recommend that you backup your Confluence home directory and database before upgrading!
All development releases are available from the development releases page on the Atlassian website.
Previous milestones in the 3.4 release:
- Release Notes 3.4-m4 ("Milestone 4")
- Note: 3.4-m3 was not released due to some critical bugs.
- Release Notes 3.4-m2 ("Milestone 2")
- Release Notes 3.4-m1 ("Milestone 1")
There are no new features in this release, it's mostly improvements and bug fixes to prior releases.
- Universal Plugin Manager has been upgraded and minor issues adressed
- Browse > Advanced > PDF/HTML/XML Export page layouts updated for spaces.
- Dropdown menu containing 'select all' and 'deselect all' options added to Edit Space Permissions form. (CONF-7817)
- New AUI version includes new, redesigned shadows (now true drop shadows rather than the old three-side shadow effect)
- AUI drop shadows disabled in IE while a Confluence bug is resolved (this means no shadows on dropdowns and dialogs in IE for beta1)
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article