Release Notes 3.0-m4 ("Milestone 4")
Issues resolved or improved in this milestone since Confluence 3.0 Milestone 3
Experimental Macro Browser
The Macro Browser is now available in the wiki markup editor, however it is currently not in a state for proper use. It is quite buggy and has been included for QA and the dev team, so please do not raise any issues against it yet.
User Hover Fixes
A lot of outstanding issues with User Hover were fixed for m4.
First Cut of User Profiles
The profile tabs have been rearranged into a more intuitive order, with general and email preferences moved to a separate "Settings" tab:
Additional fields have now been added to your user profile.
We did the following small performance improvements:
- Caching/Queries optimized for page lookups (Release Notes 3.0-m4 ("Milestone 4"))
- Adjusted cache sizes (Release Notes 3.0-m4 ("Milestone 4"))
- Optimized access to attachments (Release Notes 3.0-m4 ("Milestone 4"))
- Less cache replication in a cluster (Release Notes 3.0-m4 ("Milestone 4"))
Although the performance improvement hasn't been as dramatically as in M2, but we still see a solid trend towards shorter and less varying response times. The overall performance improvement is around 10%-15% with more to come in the next milestones.
- Performance issues with frequently updated attachments. One of the performance tweaks in M4 can cause issues if you have attachments with thousands of versions. (Release Notes 3.0-m4 ("Milestone 4"))
- The Macro Browser is very fresh and contains many bugs.
Check out JIRA for the full list of known bugs