Confluence 5.5-RC1 Release Notes
17 April 2014Atlassian presents Confluence 5.5 Release Candidate 1. This release is a snapshot of our work in progress, primarily focused on allowing Confluence users to see the new features in advance. EAP releases also give add-on developers an opportunity to test and fix their add-ons in advance of an official release.
Changes in Confluence 5.5-RC1:
Significant changes in Confluence 5.5-RC1
Refer to the Confluence 5.5-Beta1 Release Notes for the features that were previously announced with Beta 1.
Personal tasks tab removed from the workbox
As part of our work on tasks, the Personal Tasks tab, previously accessed from the Notifications box in the header, has been removed.
If a user has incomplete personal tasks, the first time they access the Personal Tasks tab Confluence will notify the user of this change and email any incomplete personal tasks to the user's registered email address. The email also provides instructions for how to add these tasks to a page so they can be managed as ordinary tasks.
Tasklist macro removed from the macro browser
The wiki markup based, Tasklist macro has been removed from the macro browser. Tasklist macros on existing pages will continue to work, but you'll be unable to add new Tasklists via the macro browser.
We'd love your feedback so please:
- Feel free to comment on this page with your feedback, or
- Send us your comments via the 'Got Feedback' option in the header of your EAP Confluence site.
Follow the usual upgrade instructions to upgrade your test site to this release.
- This release includes upgrade tasks required to support the new tasks features (assignees, due dates and task reports). In very large instances it may take some time to complete the upgrade.
- Confluence now creates an upgrade recovery file from the database before and after an upgrade. These files can be useful for diagnostics and recovery in case there is a problem during an upgrade. If you have a very large database, setting the
confluence.upgrade.recovery.file.enabledSystem Property system property to false will speed up the upgrade process by disabling this feature. It should only be used where there is already a process in place to back up your database and you should verify this external backup before performing an upgrade.
- We will not be providing a clustered version of Confluence 5.5. We are working on improving our clustering solution and expect to make it available later this year.
These are points of interest for plugin and add-on developers.
- Plugin developers: please read developer guide to preparing for Confluence 5.5 for advanced developer notices.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!