Confluence 5.5-m6 EAP Release Notes
Atlassian is pleased to announce Confluence 5.5 milestone 6 (m6). This is the first public milestone release of Confluence 5.5.
This EAP (early access program) release is a snapshot of our work in progress, primarily focused on allowing Confluence users to see the new features in advance. Feel free to comment on the page if you want to provide any feedback or ask any questions. EAP releases also give plugin developers an opportunity to test and fix their plugins in advance of an official release.
What's in this release?
Highlights of this release
Updates to the atlassian-cache API
The Confluence Caching infrastructure has been updated to use the Atlassian Cache version 2 API. This API is backwards compatible with the previous version (0.1) of the Atlassian Cache used by Confluence. There are some limitations. These limitations will be addressed in a future 5.5 milestone release.
Confluence is now using AUI 5.3.4. See the AUI release notes for information on what's new in AUI 5.3.
Other feature improvements
- Users can now move individual blog posts between spaces.
- Administrators can disable individual space blueprints across an entire Confluence site.
- New parameters for the attachments macro - you can choose to show or hide previews and CreatedDate is now available as a sort option.
- Improvements to the JIRA Issues macro including:
- JIRA status lozenges
- improved PDF export
- sort column headings
- ability to create issues in projects that contain required fields. System fields and some custom field types (plain text field types only) are supported.
We'd love your feedback so please:
- Feel free to comment on this page with your feedback, or
- Send us your comments via the 'Got Feedback' option in the header of your EAP Confluence site.
Follow the usual upgrade instructions to upgrade your test site to this release.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!