Release Notes 3.2-m4 ("Milestone 4")
With great pride we bring to you the best milestone of this release cycle. We are now more or less feature-complete. There are a few usability issues which we still want to fix, and yes, there are still plenty of bugs. We didn't manage to bundle a few of our new great plugins yet, and have large chunks of code to review. That's why we didn't call this Beta yet, but named it M4
But overall, this is how 3.2 will get rolled out to customers. We want your feedback: Speak now or forever hold your peace.
Note to partners and translators: The preliminary translation diff files can be found as a subpage of this overview page: Translations for Confluence Releases
New REST Resources
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <attachment niceType="Image" version="1" comment="image of Sydney harbour" fileName="harbour.jpg" type="attachment" id="161"> <ownerId>69518087748064278</ownerId> <title>harbour.jpg</title> <lastModifiedDate date="2004-11-21T23:20:18-0600" friendly="Nov 21, 2004"/> <createdDate date="2004-11-21T23:20:18-0600" friendly="Nov 21, 2004"/> </attachment>
Some fields removed
More in-depth documentation coming soon.
- Integrate auto-complete and Link Browser to use REST search and attachment resources
- Bug Fixes
We are adding a new feature called Autocomplete to the Rich Text Editor, which currently only works in Firefox and (try your luck!) Safari. You can type "[" at the start of a line to display your browsing history and link to those pages, and if you keep typing you'll get recommendation for pages that match what you types. If you type "!" you'll see the attached images to the current page, and if you keep typing you'll be able to link to any image in your deployment.
This feature's goal is to make the RTE even faster than using wiki markup. Try it out and tell us what you think!
Note: May require a re-index of your system to show attachments
- CONF-18281 - doesn't work in IE yet
- CONF-18584 - when both the RTE and outer frames are scrolled the dropdown location is incorrect
- Plenty of small niggly bugs.
New Links Browser
The Links Browser is now feature complete and has been enabled as the default insert link button in the editor.
The breadcrumbs in the search panel of the dialog is new in this milestone. This is particularly helpful when editing existing links.
- CONF-18589 IE 6 caches responses for recently viewed and attachments tabs
- CONF-18575 Pressing enter on the search field leaves the page in IE7
- CONF-18455 After viewing a user profile, the recently viewed tab displays no pages
Our new Fixed Width Theme (proper name still tba) now has
- new fancy gradient
- soothing blue color scheme
- personal sidebar folds away neatly
- we tried floating it over content, but people weren't so keen on that.
- tidier grid than last milestone
- comment threading now far more robust, comments RTE toolbar collapses or scrolls instead of truncating (this solution will be migrated to core code after trial use in fixed width - the problem can also happen in default)
- key bugfixes: space admin screens and RTE spacing
- The header nav dropdowns don't line up with the bottom of the header yet
- Personal info sidebar has some bugs to resolve after final design change (mainly: IE6 breaks, sidebar overlaps "navigate space" in some browsers)
- Attachments page is getting truncated in some circumstances
- Some RTE messages wrap poorly
Note for bug tracking: bugs that also occur in the default Confluence at 1024x768 are not theme bugs per se, even if they're being investigated at the same time.
Daniel's 20% project: Images in search results
If an image is found, it will be displayed in the search results. The main point here is that we've made it possible to write plugins to spice up search results. You could write custom display for any kind of attachment types, or even change what the regular pages look like.
Paul's 20% project: Finishing the page move dialog
We introduced a new page move dialog in Confluence 3.0 but the ability to change the order of pages fell out of scope. This has now been implemented and is accessed as shown -
And looks like -
Small (yet awesome) Improvements
Say Hi to the new and (largely) improved Page History navigation.
RTE Shortcuts Added
The following RTE shortcuts have been added, please try them out!
- Ctrl+Shift+C Copy table row
- Ctrl+Shift+X Cut table row
- Ctrl+Shift+V Paste table row
- Ctrl+Shift+B Bullet lists
- Ctrl+Shift+N Numbered lists
- Ctrl+Shift+F Full screen mode
- Ctrl+Shift+S Strikethrough
- Ctrl+Shift+T Insert Table
- Ctrl+Shift+A Macro Browser
At the bottom of the RTE, useful editor hints get displayed. This will help promote the new keyboard shortcuts and the autocomplete feature.