Release Notes 2.10-m5 ("Milestone 5")
Do not use this release to upgrade your production systems.
For all production use and testing of Confluence, please use the latest official release.
This release is a milestone development release for 2.10 ("Two Ten"). This is a public development release (DR) leading up to Confluence 2.10. Development releases are a snapshot of our work in progress, allowing our customers and especially plugin-developers to see what we're up to.
Who should upgrade?
Development releases are not production ready. Development releases are snapshots of the ongoing Confluence development process. While we try to keep these releases stable, they have not undergone the same degree of testing as a full release, and could contain features that are incomplete or may change or be removed before the next full release.
No upgrade path. Because development releases represent work in progress, we cannot provide a supported upgrade path between development releases, or from any development release to a final release. You may not be able to migrate any data you store in a Confluence development release to a future Confluence release.
Atlassian does not provide support for development releases.
Our milestone releases aim to provide plugin developers with an opportunity to see the latest changes in the code.
Each milestone release has passed all our automatic tests, and has been used for one week on our official internal Confluence server. Most of the issues solved have been reviewed too, and usually milestone releases even have been load- and performance-tested for a while.
However, since our milestones releases are timeboxed (i.e. they get released every two weeks, no matter how far we have come implementing features and bugfixes), there is always a chance that we have new known bugs, which are scheduled to be fixed in the next milestone, or completely new bugs unknown even to us.
Additionally, our performance-testing and compatibility testing for databases and application servers is not done to the full extent. So, for example, a milestone release might behave well on a small installation but show severe problems when subjected to many users.
Follow the normal upgrade instructions to upgrade from Confluence 2.9.x to this release. We strongly recommend that you backup your confluence-home directory and database before upgrading!
All development releases are available from Development Releases on the Atlassian website.
Issues resolved or improved in this release
- View Online" or "View as HTML" link for supported file types on the Attachments screen, Attachments macro, and Search Results. This makes it easy to quickly preview Office files without having to leave Confluence
- New look for the PPT and PDF flash viewer with a download button, and an improved fullscreen.
- Conversion Queue for managing performance when you may have a lot of users using the Office Connector.
Rich Text Editor
- Tab & Shift+Tab in lists are now shortcuts for indent/outdent
- Lots of bug fixes (especially around table editing)
- Round tripping bugs around links were fixed (shortcut links, using colors & images in links)
- The format dropdown is now styled properly
Quick nav improvements
- Is now at least twice as fast since we have reduced the pause by half.
- More page results! 6 in fact.
- See more of each search result. You can see the whole title (just hover!), and more letters with better truncation.
- People should not be getting weird timeout messages anymore
- New administrative feature to limit the number of simultaneous quick nav searches, or to turn it off.
- You can now search Confluence from the convenience of the search box in your browser (for FF and IE7). Just add the search provider from the search provider menu dropdown on the top right of your browser.
Site Search improvements
- Normal search is at least 5 times faster than it use to be.
- Better relevancy algorithm relevant
Miscellaneous Small Improvements
- Cleaner, sweeter breadcrumbs and 10 more rounded corners.
- New version of Dynamic Task List (3.1.1)
- Fixes TASK-108
- New version of Chart Plugin (1.12)
- Fixes CONF-12792
- SNAPSHOT version of JIRA Issues Macro
- Fixes lots of stuff
- 1.5-SNAPSHOT version of Advanced Macros
- removed RSS macro
- upgrade content-by-label
- upgraded blogposts
- upgraded recently-updated
- Fixed Gallery Macro: ADVMACROS-39, ADVMACROS-48, ADVMACROS-49
- 1.5-SNAPSHOT version of Dashboard Macros
- renamed recently-updated to recently-updated-dashboard to make way for new code in Advanced Macros
- New version of HTML Macros (1.5)
- Includes RSS Macros now to take advantage of shared whitelist
atlassian-plugins upgrade to v 2.1.0.rc1
- added filter plugin type
- added standard decorators that are available to plugins
- added support for xml plugin artifacts